Sunday, June 13, 2010

in due time

Everyone is saying how boring summer is, but I feel like there's not enough time at all. I'm going to the motherland (GUATE) for a month, and that only leaves me with, well, a month more of "real" at-home summer. And this is a summer of stressful tense macroeconomic classes, so it feels like even less time. It's not like I'm entertained every second, but every time I have the opportunity to be bored, it feels kind of nice. I wonder if this is what all the rest of the summers of my life will be. I'm not complaining (ok maybe just a little bit) but it seems strange to think about. Basically, no longer will I be lounging around all summer, looking ahead into three months of complete nothingness. This is both good and bad. Mostly good, I guess.

To drive home this point, "There Is Never Enough Time," by The Postal Service:
In due time/We'll finally see/There's barely time/For us to breathe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I suppose so but it's more of the fact that college has made me think that anytime I'm not doing anything I'm being unproductive. I should be working! Furthering my career goals! Securing my future!

that kind of stuff...

Mallory

Anonymous said...

DUDE SAME. that's what I meant about not ever having a chilled out summer anymore...now I always feel unproductive if I'm not doing anything, therefore always needed to be busy and not having enough time to just chill the fuck out

Danielle