Saturday, August 21, 2010

too cool for school...in these boots only

Oh hai.

Let's consider this a FASHION post! Danielle and I love clothing so I don't know why we never really talk about it. Okay. SHOES!

Shoes are serious business. When I see a pair that I like-I mean really zone in to from like across the street or if I see in a catalog- I will remember the name and have the image burned into my brain. I will google it and read consumer reports and do some serious research because I'm a little bit anal about good shoes. That's not to say that I won't indulge in the occasional $20.00 pair I see in Target. However, if I'm into a pair of shoes, or really any article of clothing, I am very loyal to the brand. My boat shoes WILL be Sperry Top-Siders. If one day I do get wayfarers they WILL be Ray Bans. Same for bags and what not.

Well recently I've been very into Doc Martens 1460s specifically the white pair.

I saw them on this super cool chick in school and I was practically drooling.

If you are raising your eyebrow it is because you know me and you know that I can't pull these shoes off. I have a style and it's just not that edgy. I'm not cool enough for these shoes. So I let my Doc Marten dream go. However I still had this itch for a pair of lace up, military style boots but in a much more conservative black. SOOOO I introduce my new pair of shoes to you:



OOOOOHHHH YEAAAAH. I'm like in love with them a little bit. They're so cool. I tried them on in the store and my mom just wasn't completely sold because they're still not really my style BUT I insisted I could pull them off. And you know what? I can. My argument is that I'm 18 and should still be able to wear uber kick ass shoes while I'm young. I feel like a different person when I wear them like tough and BAD ASS and really just great. Austin saw me in these shoes today and he said, "You look different. You're always cute but with those shoes you look hot"

So in the end this post is really just about how hot I look. But I guess I can also spin it and add that people may shit all over these materialistic people who love getting new clothes and having all the hottest items but while it's cool to be ascetic and live simply some clothes can just make you feel better. Hooray!

OH OH OH! And part two of this shoe story betrays the first part because the original pair of these shoes (and the photograph above) are by the one and only Jeffrey Campbell which means they should be like $200. However...and this is where it gets weird...the brand (Crown Vintage) I got was from DSW and totally sketchy and weird and after doing some serious research I found this:

"I do market intelligence research for a living, so my first instinct was to check who owns the trademark for Crown Vintage. The trademark is owned by DSW itself, so I'm guessing it's a cleverly-concealed store brand that just so happens to be ripping off Jeffrey Campbell. Still, they're incredibly cute- my 2 are some of my favorite pairs. Wish they sold them online!!"-anonymous chick on some forum


So yeah nuts!! I'm wearing cleverly-concealed Jeffrey Campbell rip offs! Like they literally look the EXACT same and I feel really horrible about it because I'm not for fakes but........they're still cute. And in my defense I wasn't looking for copyright infringement shoes. Maybe the fact that they could (and should) get sued just makes these boots even more B.A.