Wednesday, July 11, 2007

You don't stand a chance against Gryffindor

Last night at 12:03AM I found myself in a movie theatre watching HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX.
Did I have work at 8 the next morning? YES
Did I know I would be disappointed? YES
Did I attend anyways? YES!
I tried to be cool but all this Potter craze got to me. I have been listening to Harry and the Potters nonstop, discussing the movie with my friends, talking about the books with my second graders and explaining the importance of Harry to n00bs. I could literally go on forever about Harry Potter but I'll keep it short.

THE MOVIE:
The new director dimmed the lights on the set and made everything seem darker. Also his portrayal of certain aspects were very similar to how I imagined it in the book so PROPS! Not one adolescent in this movie can act, but they sure look the part. Helena Bonham Carter? Ace.
I think they stressed the whole LOVE WILL OVERCOME VOLDEMORT theme a bit too much but I have to admit this movie was better than the rest, which isn't saying much.

THE BOOK:
The 5th book was my least favorite, but I'm more concerned about The Deathly Hallows. Predictions...Harry will die. Snape is not evil. Draco will die. So will some muggles and Hagrid and Hermione and Lucius.

Basically all will die except the Weasleys who will take over the world with their gorgeous red locks.




And if you call that a cop out then you're absolutely right. I'm too tired to conspire.

No comments: