Monday, July 6, 2009

Diet plan

I think I have food poisoning. I haven't been hungry for a long time. I feel like I could go my entire life without ever eating again. No it's not an eating disorder, and yes I am eating despite my lack of appetite. I just thought I would share this odd feeling. I suppose this is what it's like to be a machine. Although I do need sleep. Sleeping beauty slept forever without eating. Maybe she ate the lox I had for breakfast yesterday morning?

Infinite Jest update:
I'm on page 185. So 796 pages left (not including footnotes)! I keep picking up "toughen-up" mottoes that seem to make perfect sense. A lot of the quotations are for the insane tennis players in the book and although I'm not exactly athletic, I could easily have an athletic mind-set.
(Not necessarily) good life lessons for the day:
"What is unfair can be a stern and invaluable teacher."-IJ

"If you are an adolescent, here is the trick to being neither quite a nerd nor quite a jock: be no one. It is easier than you think."

"Please learn the pragmatics of expressing fear: sometimes words that seem to express really invoke."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that last one; Mydili and I could do with following that more often. Anyways, you don't have food poisoning or else you would be vomiting, diarrhea-ing, and sobbing helplessly. But pat pat pat anyways, feel better.

-Danielle

Jon said...

did i ever tell you the story about when i was really sick and ate a lot of ice pops? this reminded me of it. i was nine years old and i had two of them and they were the ones that start out red at the top then goes to white and blue at the bottom but i ate them and i started to feel bad and then i wang chunged that night haha..... it was purple sorry if that was tmi i had to include the ending