Sunday, April 25, 2010

downside: dishes to wash

I tend to go through phases with my food, phases that I don't really notice because at home there's so much food I can just pick and choose what I want, and the INGREDIENTS! THE SPICES! Now that I'm in college, however, and have limited funds (read: I'm broke), I totally notice these stupid phases I go through. A couple of months ago, I was making pasta for myself a good three or four times a week. That stopped quickly, though, as I realized the hassle of washing pots and the time it took to walk up and down the flight of stairs to the kitchen pretty much killed my hunger, and my time.

FINALLY, after only eating weird boring cafeteria food, I'm all about MINI PIZZAS, DINOSAUR EGG OATMEAL, AND AVOCADOS (on everything)

It's awesome because I can make these mini-pizzas in the microwave, which means I don't even have to get off of the floor at 2 AM when I am crying about the paper that was due at midnight!
Umm...hypothetically, of course...

RECIPE FOR TASTY DISASTER:
Tomatoes (I find cherry works best, I slice them in thirds and they occupy just the right amount of space)
Salt (garlic salt, if you want to be awesome)
Fancy Bread (basically Italian or French bread...I call it fancy bread because sliced lame bread is affordable. Fancy.)
Mozzarella Cheese (again, can vary with your budget...I've tried both string cheese and fresh cheese, and I don't have to tell you which kind I prefer)

HEAT IN MICROWAVE TIL CHEESE IS ALL MELTY, ENJOY WITH SATISFIED GRIN

When handy, I like to add:
Parmesan
Basil
Olive Oil
Garlic

ok that was really basic and I know everyone knows how to make mini pizzas, but it's all I've been eating for the past week so it's all I have to say

No comments: