Thursday, September 6, 2007

Don't you dare make me cover this textbook.

Ahoy! today was the first day of school! As usual, I couldn't sleep. It is not because I'm nervous (puh-lease) but because I'm an insomniac who can't stop thinking when all I want to do is relax. Actually I never get anxious for school anymore. After going to grade school for eleven years, I stop caring. Sad, huh?
I woke up exhausted and while making breakfast I dropped butter on my shoe, which i knew was not a good sign. I realize that my last post displayed my enthusiasm towards school but that immediately faded once I realized what I was going back to: Work. Stress. High Schoolers. Hey, surround yourself with teenagers and you'll slowly start to hate the world.
Cynicism aside, the first day wasn't so bad. My teachers all seem nerdy and swell. Junior year is going to kill me but finding a friend in the halls might make this year bearable.

1 comment:

Maxine Perella said...

you ever seen that film 'heathers'? as a brit, i tend to think that's what american high school is like ... ewww ... good luck!