Sunday, August 19, 2007

I don't speak english but I do read

This is a list of song titles from Pet Sounds that were translated in and out of Japanese by Google Translate. It's a brilliant idea with fantastic results. I decided to rip off the idea but with books. Have fun figuring out the translation!

Books:

As a young person the portrait picture of the artist - James Joyce

The money is the night - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Everything becomes quiet at the western front part- Erich Maria Remarque

Call of wildness- Jack London

For the sake of who whom the bell sounds - Ernest Hemingway

Mouse and Person- John Steinbeck

Cat of Hat- Dr. Seuss

Orange of clock mechanism- Anthony Burgess

Benefit of the thing which is the brand where popularity falls- Stephen Chbosky

Lunch which it exposes- William Burroughs

Main thing of ring- J.R.R. Tolkien

Revolution of screw- Henry James

The stone of Harry Potter and magic teacher- J.K. Rowling



Okay I could go on forever but my eyes are killing me and I'm going to Puerto Rico for a week so this just needs to stop. Don't miss me too much.
-Mallory



2 comments:

Amirah said...

I love this! I really do.

Maxine Perella said...

have a good trip. or should that be: 'good trip please have you'?