Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Origins

I am an avid Slate reader so when I found this article I couldn't help but check it out. In case you're too lazy to click the link or if you're paranoid that it leads to spam infested waters I'll help you out a little. Basically Michael Weiss is discussing what not to name your blog. Although the advice is obvious (don't choose a name that will come back to haunt you) I couldn't help but notice rule number three:

Inside Jokes Doom.
"Nicknames and private giggles are fine for yearbook inscriptions and e-mail passwords, but as blog titles they're a nuisance"

Unless you have me pictured as a charming but morbidly obese young lady, the title The Mighty Beluga has obviously originated from a secret little joke I shared with a friend.
Sadly though, the mighty beluga incident wasn't very funny or memorable.
Here's the story:
One day Danielle and I could not stop singing Baby Beluga.
That same day I said, "hey let's make a blog"
After staring at the computer screen for quite some time Danielle went, "lets call it The Mighty Beluga!"
I said, "uh...okay" and typed it in.

The End.

p.s. if you think I'm changing the name then you're crazy. Seriously, does blogger really need another Musings of a Teenager?

1 comment:

Amirah said...

screw the article! "mighty beluga" is funny, even to me! (and it sounds really cool.)