Friday, June 6, 2008

a hipster in the making

Today I was playing Jenga with my little brother, and he asked me if I could play some music. I cast my eyes over my meager collection of CDs and asked him what he wanted to hear. He asked for me to play the song that went like "all i wanna do is BANG BANG BANG and ka-ching take your monAY."

WHAT? MIA? gosh!

Similar instances:
overhearing him mumble "NORTH AMERICANS ah yahhhhh, ah hah ah, north americans" while building a Lego star wars model. (LCD soundsystem)

constantly asking me to play that "shake your coconuts" song. (junior senior)

bopping his head to the beat and shouting "I'VE GOT A HUNGERRRRR, THAT'S TWISTING MY STOMACH INTO KNOTS, THAT MY TONGUE HAS TIED OFF dah duh duh dah dah."

and asking his new friend Brian if he likes David Bowie, 'cuz there was this song that went like CH-CH-CH-CHANGES and it was really cool OH and another that went like major tom to ground control, does he like that song? and his friend brian is all "hannah montana is pretty."

and you know what my brother says? "HANNAH MONTANA IS WEIRD."

yo man, 8 years old, and this kid is the coolest kid on the block. young skywalker, i've taught you well.

2 comments:

Polgara said...

Ha ha loved your comment!
Pol x

Maxine Perella said...

and he will only grow to get even cooler. i think he might peak in cool factor around thirteen ... and then it goes all downhill again ...