Sunday, June 15, 2008

you don't talk about fight club

I never saw the movie (Yes, yes i now it's supposed to be awesome) but i just finished the book and it was super tasty.

I'm not going to talk much about a book that came out a while ago so I'll just share my favorite part:

I've met God across his long walnut desk with his diplomas hanging on the wall behind him, and God asks me, "Why?"
Why did I cause so much pain?
Didn't I realize that each of us is a sacred, unique snowflake of special unique specialness?
Can't I see how we're all manifestations of love?
I look at God behind his desk, taking notes on a pad, but God's got this all wrong.
We are not special.
We are not crap or trash, either.
We just are.
We just are, and what happens just happens.
And God says, "No, that's not right."
Yeah.
Well.
Whatever.
You can't teach God anything.

3 comments:

Amirah said...

haha, this whole mallory/danielle/(anyone else i should know about?) thing confuzzles me. :) thought it was mallory commenting on that last post... until i saw "danielle again".

The Mighty Beluga said...

maybe we're the same person. LIKE FIGHT CLUB!

I kid.. and I guess I should start signing my posts, although you can tell us apart by our subtle characteristics. I'm the considerate one.
-Mallory

The Mighty Beluga said...

I'm the one that's going places. By not being considerate.
-Danielle